Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Firework Frenzy

I love taking pictures of fireworks. You never know what you will get, and each picture is so unique. I have dozens of firework photos taken over the last few weeks, but I couldn't resist sharing a few from the Fourth with you. These are some of the fireworks that my friend's boyfriend set off at his house after we enjoyed a lovely all-afternoon-to-evening potluck at their property, and the kids delighted themselves with sparklers, pop-its, smoke bombs and fountains while eagerly waiting for darkness to fall.( The giggling as the kids ran through a field of 2 foot high Christmas trees while chasing after parachutes was positively contagious.) I like the last one in particular, the way it resembles a wildflower.
Fireworks are such a fun Independence Day tradition for our family. We love our traditions! Next is my birthday camping trip, which somehow always manages to distinguish itself from the 6 or 7 other camping trip each year, and then the pumpkin patches in the fall.  And so on. I don't remember too many family traditions as a child (Though I loved the few we had!) and neither does my husband, so we probably go overboard creating them for our little family. I don't think a single one of us, however, would have it any other way.

1 comment: